Whole grain pancakes are a great way to start your morning! This recipe can be easily doubled. See Egg Free variation below ingredients. It has become the ritual in my house to enjoy these every Saturday morning with blueberries added, the kids love them!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
Makes: 4 12cm pancakes
Preheat pancake griddle.
1 cup spelt flour OR ½ cup spelt flour and ½ cup oat flour
1 cup + 2-3 Tbsp. soy milk
1 egg (beaten)
1 Tbsp. olive oil (for pancake batter)
1 Tbsp. coconut oil for griddle
1 Tsp. baking powder
Egg Free Vegan Option:
Replace Egg with 1 Tbsp. Ground flax and 3 Tbsp. water. Combine flax and water before adding to mix.
– 1 banana (sliced)
– ¼ cup fresh or frozen berries
– for apple cinnamon pancakes add chopped apples and 1 tsp of Cinnamon
-nuts or granola
-maple syrup, honey or brown rice syrup
-fruit sweetened jam
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine spelt flour and baking powder.
2. Add egg, soy milk, and olive oil. (If desired, add banana or berries.)
3. Mix together until batter is smooth and there are no lumps.
4. Put mixture onto griddle and flip over once when bubbles start to appear.
5. Serve with nut butter, fruit, maple syrup, or jam.